Saturday 26 October 2013

Review: Down the Aisle by Christine Bell @BrazenBooks

She thought their future together would be easy…

Lacey Garrity is about to have the wedding she’s always dreamed of. She and Galen had planned on a big family, but now fertility issues are turning that dream to ashes. When another setback comes to light a week before their wedding day, she wonders how she can marry him knowing that being with her might mean he can never have the life he imagined…

Galen Thomas loves his woman, and whether they have a big family or it’s just the two of them forever, he can’t wait to spend his life with her. With the big day coming, he’ll pull out all the stops to remind her how good it can be between them and that, together, they can do anything…if he can just get her down the aisle.



Review:

So for me as a reader nothing bugs me more when in the last paragraph the Hero/Heroine profess their love and then the book just ends. I love epilogues and being able to get a glimpse into to life after "I Love You". So novella's like this one are perfect for me going back to get a glimpse of what is happening in characters lives after.

This book in particular hit home for me.  As someone who has has troubles getting/remaining pregnant I know intimately the disappointment of not being able to have the family you want. Ms Bell dealt with it in such a wonderful manner all the while giving me the outstanding chemistry Lacey and Galen have always had.

Though a quick read it was the perfect cake topper to Lacey and Galen's story for me.

Overall I give this 4 out of 5

PS cannot wait for Rafe's book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment