Monday 14 October 2013

Review: Outback Affair by Annie Seaton @IndulgenceBooks


Where there's smoke, there's fire...


Jessica Trent wants to be a full-time writer for Cuisine magazine, but in order to land the gig she has to snare a one-on-one with the reclusive Alessandro Ricardo, a man hell-bent on staying out of the limelight. The last thing she expects as she heads to Crocodile Springs resort in northern Australia is to end up traveling across the Outback with a rugged and far too sexy barramundi fisherman.

Ex-lawyer Alex Richards protects his privacy and his heart in equal measure. So when a Yankee bombshell in need of a ride turns up and threatens both, he decides to teach her a lesson. As they make their way through the wild country together, the attraction between them ignites. Alex must choose between his heart or letting go of his past ... and will Jessica understand why he lied once she finds out who he really is?


Review:

So this book was a bit of a disappointment to me. As an Aussie when I see a book set in my own backyard so to speak I get a little excited. From almost the get go there were things that bugged me and the first was the use of American English and terminology (I have travelled a lot around my great country and never once have I been to a trailer park a Caravan Park yes a Tourist/Holiday park most definitely a Trailer park nope never.) But this was where things got frustrating for me because there was some terminology that was used that was clearly Australian and I wondered why some was kept and others changed. I thought at first it was the difference in POV between the American Heroine and the Aussie Hero but that didn't hold true for the entire book.

All that being said i did enjoy the story line behind the book.  And the descriptions of the outback were well done and I could clearly envision exactly what the author had in mind.

I did love the Banter between Alex and Jess and I am in love with Bowser but I didn't necessarily feel the love connection between them.  I think the abrupt ending didn't help I wanted the full confession from both of them. 

Overall I give this 3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment