Saturday 23 November 2013

Review: The Blacksmith's Son by @Rebecca_Thomas3 @FlirtNovellas

The Blacksmith’s Son
by: Rebecca Thomas
Author Information (optional):
Website: www.rebeccathomas.org
Goodreads: N/A

Book Information:
Synopsis
Captain Quentin Drake returns home after his Naval commission ends to find a young groom being beaten in the village stables. Weary from his travels, Quentin only wants a good night's sleep, but refuses to turn a blind eye to the lad's mistreatment. He intervenes, taking the lad to his room, only to discover a woman masquerading as a boy.
After Ally Lockwood's family dies, she supports herself by assisting the local blacksmith with his horses. She's not allowed to do the work as a woman, so she dresses as a boy, but her ruse is up when, due to injury, she's disrobed by a handsome stranger. What starts as a shared supper, leads to so much more...
Buy Links:



Review:
I'll admit I don't read a lot of historical's but something about the blurb of this one had me intrigued. I'm glad I got a chance to read it because it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I loved Quentin's persistence without being overbearing and i loved the way Ally submitted with out losing the strong independent woman she is.

From the first page it had me enthralled and I had a hard time putting it down.  Good thing it is a novella or I might never have gotten my housework done. :)

Overall I give this 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment